Petition to UMass Boston Administration to Minimize the Impacts of Budget Cuts
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
To: UMB Interim Chancellor Barry Mills and the UMB Administration
From: The faculty, staff, and students of UMB
Since the UMass Board of Trustees demands that UMass Boston balance its operating budget despite the unsustainable burden of construction debt and depreciation, we call upon our current administration to take all possible steps to minimize the impacts of budget cuts on our students and programs.
To that end, we call on the UMB administration to take the following steps BEFORE laying off any more classified, professional, faculty or public safety employees, or eliminating graduate employee assistantships:
- Cancel all contracts with outside consultants except those required for construction or occupational safety and heath and those that are part of grant-funded programs;
- Terminate all CC/03 employees who are not filling in for permanent employees on leave, or who are grant-funded;
- Reduce the number and/or salaries of upper-level administrators to bring UMB’s spending on Institutional Support in line with the other UMass campuses;
- Publicly endorse the Fair Share Amendment and demand that the Massachusetts High Technology Council—of which UMass Boston is a member—withdraw its lawsuit against the Fair Share Amendment; and
- Hold an open community meeting this summer to report on all cuts made in FY17 and FY18, savings accrued from those cuts, and any planned future cuts.
Today: Mary Jo is counting on you
Mary Jo Connelly needs your help with “Chancellor Barry Mills: Petition to UMass Boston Administration to Minimize the Impacts of Budget Cuts”. Join Mary Jo and 477 supporters today.