Helen and Douglas House: Management Must Resign
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
THE PROPOSED CLOSURE OF DOUGLAS HOUSE
• Douglas House is providing a type of support for a group of young adults which they cannot access anywhere else in the catchment area
• The financial crisis COULD be rectified but not under present management
• THE PROBLEM IS ONE OF GOVERNANCE
• BOTH THE CHAIR OF TRUSTEES AND THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE ARE NURSES WTHOUT BUSINESS QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE
• THE CHAIR OF TRUSTEES, THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE AND THE DIRECTOR OF CARE SHOULD HAVE RESIGNED FOLLOWING THE FINDINGS OF THE CORONER AT THE INQUEST FOR EMILY BUSHAWAY – “Accidental death contributed to by neglect”. Instead, the nurse caring for Emily who had not received adequate training (the responsibility of the Director of Care) lost her job and will not be employed as a nurse again
• THESE THREE PEOPLE, CHAIR OF TRUSTEES, CHIEF EXECUTIVE AND DIRECTOR OF CARE SHOULD RESIGN FORTHWITH
• Reinstate Sister Frances
Today: Save Douglas House is counting on you
Save Douglas House needs your help with “Chair of Trustees : Helen and Douglas House: Management Must Resign”. Join Save Douglas House and 946 supporters today.