Managing E-waste Responsibly. Save our Earth and ourselves!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Hazardous waste disposal in India!Let us all begin proper e-waste disposal.
Why is disposal of e-waste a matter of concern?
- Contains a plethora of toxic components such as polyvinyl chloride
- these toxins may lead to birth defects, brain, heart, liver, kidney and skeletal system damage.
- significantly affect nervous and reproductive system of the human body.
What does the law say?
- Notification passed in October 2016
- manufacturers of electronic equipment should provide postal address,e- mail and toll free numbers of collection center where consumers can drop their used equipment, through websites and user booklets to facilitate the return of e-waste items.
What should we do?
- Implement practices of reuse and recycle.
- return the equipment to standard recyclers.
We the students of Samashti, urge every citizen of India to sign this petition and make responsible e-waste management a reality.
Today: Aruna is counting on you
Aruna Kurra needs your help with “cerebra green: Managing E-waste Responsibly. Save our Earth and ourselves!”. Join Aruna and 178 supporters today.