Keep latex out of my son and all latex allergic patients rooms
This petition made change with 191 supporters!
Our son John who has a tracheotomy was hospitalized at University of Michigan Hospital on December 21st, 2011. We had signs placed and notated on his medical chart he is latex allergic and no red robinson (latex) catheters to be used for suctioning him. We returned later that day and discovered several red robinson catheters in his cart. Patient care and risk management were both called along with the charge nurse as this was now the 7th time this had happened to John this year. They promised again to address this problem.
On December 31st, 2011, we were preparing for John's discharge when we once again discovered a bundle of red robinson catheters in his cart. Calls were again made to risk management with them stating they would put more signs around his room to remind others of his life threatening problem, but medication was available on the floor should the latex cause him to stop breathing and he would suffer no harm.
We have chosen to keep our son from being admitted to the hospital since that time as I strongly feel that a hospital should not place my son nor anyone else in a situation that would do greater harm than they were admitted for. Please sign our petition and convince University of Michigan hospital to revisit this serious problem.
Today: Frances is counting on you
Frances Janis needs your help with “Douglas Strong: Keep latex out of my son and all latex allergic patients rooms”. Join Frances and 190 supporters today.