Fill the Holes in Centennial's Aquatic Education Program, Don't Fill in the Pools
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
This petition is a call to action for the Centennial school district administration and school board to develop and implement a strategy to re-open our middle school pools and provide oversight and management to ensure the longevity of our aquatics programs and facilities. We request that the district invest in the middle school aquatic programs and not in backfilling the pools which have been under maintained and under utilized to the detriment to our students and our community. Both Klinger and Log's pools were unable to be used starting in the fall of 2016. Please consider signing this petition as your opportunity to share your opinion. You do not have to have a student currently enrolled in the district to sign this petition. Your child(ren) can be a graduate or a future student. You can also sign as a tax payer and resident of the district.
When signing this petition please consider the following:
- Students can learn to swim who may otherwise not have the opportunity.
- Aquatics education provides opportunities for our students to learn a new skill, develop confidence, and experience a safe and productive activity.
- Having one functional pool, at Tennant high school, is not sufficiently meeting the community demands for pool time.
- The pools have the potential to generate revenue if managed properly.
- If the pools are not re-opened and utilized, one proposed option is to fill the pools, which can be costly. There is no current plan for the space that will remain.
Thank you for taking the time to consider this petition. Our middle school pools are a valuable resource for our students and the community. Please urge the school district to invest in and maintain the aquatics education program that was afforded to all Centennial students prior to 2016.
Today: Krista is counting on you
Krista DiPaolo needs your help with “Centennial School Board: Fill the Holes in Centennial's Aquatic Education Program, Don't Fill in the Pools”. Join Krista and 669 supporters today.