Keep allowing the use of fireworks within Cedar Rapids city limits
This petition had 408 supporters
In May 2017, the Cedar Rapids City Council voted to allow the use of fireworks within the city limits of Cedar Rapids in accordance with the restrictions set up at the State level.
The signers of this petition urge the city council members to stand by their decision.
Other cities in Iowa have agreed that the State restrictions are sufficient. The signers of this petition urge the Cedar Rapids City Council to implement the same policy.
1. Fireworks used within the restrictions is a good form of entertainment for the citizens of the city.
2. Fireworks being used in densely populated areas allows for the ease of enjoyment by a larger portion of the populace.
3. Fireworks being used in densely populated areas creates beautiful light shows that can be enjoyed by all ages.
4. Fireworks being used in densely populated areas within the restrictions already set forth creates another entertainment option in the lives of our citizens within reasonable hours as to not disturb neighbors.
5. Fireworks being used in densely populated areas only has a risk of damage to property when set off near property. People shooting off fireworks close to other's property were already doing it before it was legal. Please don't punish those of us that are being responsible with them.
6. The revenue generated by sales taxes adds to city/county/State income and helps balance the budget.
Today: Cedar Rapids Citizens Supporting Fireworks is counting on you
Cedar Rapids Citizens Supporting Fireworks needs your help with “Cedar Rapids City Council: Keep allowing the use of fireworks within Cedar Rapids city limits”. Join Cedar Rapids Citizens Supporting Fireworks and 407 supporters today.