Help save the open spaces of Cedar Rapids city parks.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Cedar Rapids Parks Department are making changes to city parks that are making large areas unusable.
The signers of this petition urge them to reconsider the decision to landscape several acres of city park with Prairie Pollinator tall grasses and plants.
1. This type of vegetation makes these areas unusable for the recreation activities that commonly take place, such as pick up group sports, flying kites, etc.
2. This type of vegetation draws stinging insects, such as, wasps or hornets near playgrounds, picnic areas and pools.
3. This type of tall overgrowth vegetation and brush piles creates a habitat for skunks, badgers and other pests that are unwanted near residential neighborhoods.
4.The proposed placement of these tall Prairie grasses, blocks off convenient access to other areas of the parks.
5. Supporting Pollination can be achvieved using other low growth plants such as clover, which also requires minimal mowing.
6. Supporting Polination can be achviewed by putting the tall Prarrie plants in unused areas, such as road side ditches
Today: Janelle is counting on you
Janelle Roe needs your help with “Cedar Rapids City Council : Help save the open spaces of Cedar Rapids city parks.”. Join Janelle and 22 supporters today.