Keep Emsworth surgery in the town centre
This petition had 42 supporters
The doctor's practice in Emsworth is proposing to close its main surgery and relocate that to the far edge of the village into a yet to be constructed building that will be funded by the NHS transformation fund. This will disadvantage about 9000 people who currently have good public transport links to the central surgery or are within a 15 minute walk of the two current surgeries.
There is an empty building called the Emsworth Victoria Cottage Hospital that not only was built by public subscription but also is viable and in a central village location but NHS property services who owns the building is proposing an excessive rent to the practice and in doing so makes it non-viable for the practice in commercial terms. With this cunning plan, NHS property services will be able to sell the site for residential development and at the same time another part of the NHS will pickup the bill for the new build.
Objections to the process:
1. The costings and viability of the various sites has not been transparent. The public do not understand the logic of the move except that they can see that the practice will save money by just having one surgery, they will also be able to sell two valuable buildings and at the same time, one part of the NHS will be funding a new building and another part of the NHS will capitalise on a valuable central site.
2. There has been minimal consultation on this proposal and many patients of the practice are still unaware of the proposal, there is no rigour on the results of the survey which is anonymous and open to abuse and the results will be reported back via groups that are already in favour of the move.
3. The CCG ( Clinical Commissioning Group) has not consulted the patients even though it has a legal duty to do so.
3. Closing the central village surgery will mean that 80% of the population can no longer walk to a surgery using the practice's 15 minute measure.
4. The current footfall at the two surgeries is in the ratio of 4 to 1 and the proposal is to close the surgery that handles the majority of traffic.
5. The new site does not have sufficient car parking and there is inadequate public transport whereas central site has a good bus and train service and there is a large car park near the unused hospital.
1. Keep the remote surgery open.
2. Move the new surgery to the Emsworth Victoria Cottage Hospital site which was the plan that all MPs and councillors were originally working for but now they have all lost interest in this right solution.
Please sign this petition to show support for a transparent and comprehensive consultation process.
Today: mike is counting on you
mike oliver needs your help with “CCG and Jeremy Hunt: Keep Emsworth surgery in the town centre”. Join mike and 41 supporters today.