So, many of us NCIS fans came back this season because our favorite character Ziva David (Cote de Pablo) returned to our screens after 6 years. We were told we would get 5 episodes which we did.
However, we were constantly teased the idea of a reunion whether it was with Tony and Tali or just Tali. Fast forward to January 7th's episode, we get a "Ziva Farewell" episode that isn't even focused on her character and let alone barely in. To top it all off, no reunions what so ever. And get this, the actors who play Ziva's daughter, WERE ON THE NCIS SET WHEN FILMING THIS EPISODE.
We know that Michael Weatherly now has his own show that films in NY, NCIS films in LA, we get that. There was no way you couldn't get him for like a Skype call? A photograph? Anything? He could've stayed in NY and still have done that just fine.
It's when you do things like this, especially with Ziva and Cote, that makes us furious and question our judgment and trust of you. When stunts like this are pulled, we once again think that you use Cote and the Ziva character as a ratings boost.
So to CBS, Steven Binder, Frank Cardea, and anyone else involved, we just want some answers and some explanations for the following:
- Why continue to tease the idea of a reunion if you knew we weren't going to get one?
- Why even have the twin actors who play Tali on set and in this episode if not for a reunion?
- Did you know the reunion wasn't going to happen in this episode?
- What was the point of Ziva being in this episode if not to reunite with at least her daughter?
- Why do this to us if you knew all along that there would be no real payoff?
- Are we going to ever see Cote again to get some kind of resolution to fix this?
Angry and disappointed NCIS/Ziva/Tiva fans