#CarSeatDutiesMustFall

0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!


This is a petition to either get the duties on car seats scraped or drastically reduced!!

Do you know that not a single car seat gets manufactued in SA?

Do you know that all car seats are IMPORTED?

Do you know that customs raise a 20% duty and a 14% VAT on all imports thats a total of 34% on each car seat that gets imported - thats not including shipping or other expenses, that all still needs to be added, once that is done only , then does the retailer add on profit.

So think about this, for every R1 spend on a car seat SARS takes 34c of that Rand? Yet its law to have all children 3 years and younger in a car seat? How is people suppose to afford car seats when unemplyment is sitting at 27,7%.Registered briths for 2016 is a whopping 969 415.



Today: Alley is counting on you

Alley Catherine needs your help with “#CarSeatDutiesMustFall”. Join Alley and 317 supporters today.