Vote NO on Item 22(a) . Protect our LCPs and access to the coast!
This petition made change with 169 supporters!
We ask commissioners to vote NO on item 22 (A) regarding the Bluff Hotel Project since it will threaten coastal access in Long Beach much more than the project originally entitled at this site.
For those unable to join us in Santa Barabra on April 11th, we the undersigned would like the Commission to understand that this hotel project is wrong for our neighborhood for so many reasons that include but are not limited to:
1) It violates the Local Coastal Program, setting precedence that undermines the intent of the Coastal Commission.
2) Developers have not met with all stakeholders to ensure this project has minimal impact on residents.
3) Ignores Job Standards we as Long Beach Residents have prioritized.
4) Construction on the coast will likely have a negative impact on the natural habitat.
5) Lack of Parking for employees and lack of adequate loading dock for the full service bar and restaurant
6) Will diminish access to the coast for working families as the room rates will be at least twice the existing motel rates.
I urge you to VOTE NO on item 22 on April 11th.
(Even if this means they build the 2007 project, this project has a greater negative impact on our neighborhoods, our environment, and opens the coastal commission to legal action.
BACKGROUND: We submitted over 750 signatures to you on November 14th 2013 asking you to send this project back to LB City Council so the developer, stakeholders, and council could work to ensure this project was more fitting for our neighborhood. Commission voted to find substantial issue with the project, but did not send it back to Long Beach. In March, we had nearly 40 residents attend the Long Beach hearing, with several speaking against this project during public comment.
Reference to old Petition
Today: jeannine is counting on you
jeannine pearce needs your help with “Carole Groom: Vote NO on Item 22(a) . Protect our LCPs and access to the coast!”. Join jeannine and 168 supporters today.