Bring Back the KES 4th Grade Albany Trip
This petition made change with 200 supporters!
Dear Parents/Guardians of all KES Students,
We encourage you to both attend the Dec 2nd Board of Education Meeting at 7:30pm @ the CHS Library & sign this petition. We hope to re-instate this trip & provide our students with a long lasting learning experience. We need your voices & bodies to fill this meeting. Please let us know if you can attend the meeting so we know just how much of a presence we will have- please do so by emailing email@example.com. We ask that the dialogue that we are looking to have between us parents and the district administrators be kept civil and productive regardless of the outcome. No name calling and negative behavior will be tolerated.
- This experience is relevant. It provides various and in depth opportunities for students to develop social studies concepts, a sense of social responsibility, and awareness of their state and their government.
- This experience aligns with 4th grade Social Studies curriculum. Providing a direct experience to the 4th grade NYS Learning Standards; there is a full chapter dedicated to Albany and our government in the 4th grade Social Studies textbooks.
- It promotes positive learning experiences that assist in scaffolding students higher order thinking skills. Students are evaluating and synthesizing information years after the trip!!
- There are so many modification options available to optimizing this trip if the trip is foreseen as lacking. For example: creating a tight schedule that directly reinforces the curriculum. Ensuring that chaperones are given specific guidelines in advance that they will be expected to follow throughout the trip. Even creating an engaging activity sheet or assignment. Shorten the time in Albany. Refraining from the photo opportunities with Senators, etc.
- This experience will promote positive relationships between the home and school. Parents will feel that their opinions and perspectives are being valued, considered and respected. Overall, the KES environment would been seen as an inclusive and collaborative, aka "a community".
**This signed petition will come to the email address of the KEPTO in an effort to to allow those who support the trip to feel more comfortable signing their names.
Today: Kent Elementary is counting on you
Kent Elementary PTO needs your help with “Carmel Central School District Board of Education: Bring Back the KES 4th Grade Albany Trip”. Join Kent Elementary and 199 supporters today.