Delay the Member Fee Referendum until the 2014 - 2015 School Year
This petition made change with 50 supporters!
Because the current referendum is rushed, and:
- Violates the constitution of the corporation
- Does not properly inform the members about the issue
- Does not have voting criteria set 4 days before the actual vote
- Has no chief returning officer or group for counting ballots and running the referendum
- Has no official 'Pro' and 'Con' committees
It should be delayed to give the time to be properly set up and run. A referendum dealing with such an important issue as student fees should not be rushed, and should be properly executed. As well, due to the rushed nature of the referendum it looks unprofessional for the society, and may not even be accepted as valid by Carleton University.
Today: Matt is counting on you
Matt Molkoski needs your help with “Carleton Student Engineering Society: Delay the Member Fee Referendum until the 2014 - 2015 School Year”. Join Matt and 49 supporters today.