Prevention from Dog Attacks; Shut up the Noisy Barks!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
From Ms. Cabatbat and the other concerned residents of Brgy. Aduas Centro moved this petition hereby addressed to our Hon. Brgy. Captain Roberto Valino.
This is to ask for an immediate action with regards to the numbered of stayed dogs in Brgy. Aduas Centro with lack of vaccines that results to an alarming possible attacks of dogs that fue; up fears on nearby residing residents and unfamiliary/unresiding people who might crossed the lane.
With this; there are complaints among the residing residents in the nearby area as listed more or less of the following:
(1) Fear of possible attacks of dos and the threats to children and other residents
(2) Outload barks and howls of dogs and the noise it creates around the vicinity.
(3)Wandering dogs may be hit by the crossing auto-vehicles
(4)Unregulated condition of dogs that is subjected to anti-rabbies vaccinization.
This is still in accordance to REPUBLIC ACT NO. 9482 “Anti-Rabies Act of 2007” sections 4 and 5.
Sec. 4. National Rabies Prevention and Control Program. - It is hereby mandated that there shall be a National Rabies Prevention and Control Program to be implemented by a multi-agency/multi-sectoral committee chaired by the Bureau of Animal Industry of the Department of Agriculture. The program shall be a multi-agency effort in controlling and eliminating Rabies in the country. Among its component activities include:
(1) mass vaccination of Dogs;
(2) establishment of a central database system for registered and vaccinated Dogs;
(3) impounding, field control and disposition of unregistered, Stray and unvaccinated Dogs;
(4) conduct of information and education campaign on the prevention and control of Rabies;
(5) provision on pre-exposure treatment to high risk personnel and Post ExposureTreatment to animal bite victims;
(6) provision of free routine immunization or Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (P.E.P.) of schoolchildren aged five to fourteen in areas where there is high incidence of rabies as well as the encouragement of the practice of responsible pet ownership;
(7) The program shall be implemented by the Department of Agriculture (DA), Department of Health (DOH), Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) and Department of Education (DepEd), as well as Local Government Units (LGUs) with the assistance of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR), Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and People’s Organizations (POs).
Sec. 5. Responsibilities of Pet Owner. - All Pet Owners shall be required to:
(a) Have their Dog regularly vaccinated against Rabies and maintain a registration card which shall contain all vaccinations conducted on their Dog, for accurate record purposes.
(b) Submit their Dogs for mandatory registration.
(c) Maintain control over their Dog and not allow it to roam the streets or any Public Place without a leash.
(d) Be a responsible Owner by providing their Dog with proper grooming, adequate food and clean shelter.
(e) Within twenty-four (24) hours, report immediately any Dog biting incident to the Concerned Officials for investigation or for any appropriate action and place such Dog under observation by a government or private veterinarian.
(f) Assist the Dog bite victim immediately and shoulder the medical expenses incurred and other incidental expenses relative to the victim’s injuries.
Furthermore, the above mention statements may any other complaints, we are requesting for an strict implementation of RA No. 9482 and helping hand from respected authoritis like The Philippines Animal Welfare Society or PAWS to conduct and promote a community planning that will be significant for the welfare of the dogs and other stayed animals in that location.
We are pleased to know and observed some changes with regards to this petition or complaint. Thank you!
Today: ranchelle is counting on you
ranchelle de guzman needs your help with “Capt. Roberto Valino: Prevention from Dog Attacks; Shut up the Noisy Barks!”. Join ranchelle and 99 supporters today.