I am starting a petition against capcoms current bad business practices, encouraging you to buy capcom games used and dont buy any of their DLC.
Let them know that they can no longer continue to milk their fan-base! Show them that we are paying attention to their "tactics" and we will not be taken advantage of anymore. Also use facebook to log in and sign the petition quick and easy.
If you would like to help write the petition or search the net for quotes from legitimate gaming sites and those in the industry (must list source) talking about capcoms current bad business practices, please comment below. or just start messaging me what you have.
1. Pump out "unfinished product" business plan and more DLC for future products.
2. Street Fighter X Tekken DLC all on disc, all 12 characters. Thats right the game you have already purchased, you do not get access to its contents.
3. Capcom supports the SOPA
4. Cancellation of megaman legends 3, even after megaman creator Keiji Inafune offered to finish what he started. the overall treatment of MM fans and lies about lack of community support.
This is a twitter converstation from capcom europe to fans of megaman legends 3:
5. Yun and Yang so overpowered and unbalanced in Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition. Yoshinori Ono, Capcoms own Producer of SF, apologized.
6. Numerous game and patch releases within a short span of time, market satuaration.
February 17, 2009, Street Fighter IV
April 27, 2010, Super Street Fighter IV
February 15, 2011 Marvel Vs Capcom 3
March 10, 2010 Street Fighter IV iOS version
March 27, 2011 Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
June 7, 2011 online downloadable content and physical media on June 28, 2011 Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
June 30, 2011 Street Fighter IV Volt iOS version
December 13th, 2011 Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Version 2012 patch
November 15, 2011 Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
December 19 2011 Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 “Heroes And Heralds” DLC patch.
7. Paying money for dlc thats already on the disc, like resident evil 5 and sf4 costumes.
8. Forcing you to buy games new in order to be able to have your own save date, resident evil mercenaries for the 3ds.
9. Capcom charging for DLC.
Not releasing games, fans ask for in the US.
Numerous version and patch releases making strategy guides data obsolete, see above.
Horrible umvc3 netplay
Lack of spectator mode in Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
PSP Vita only replay option for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, a far inferior port of its PS3 and Xbox counter parts.
Gaming Blend says,
"I understand Capcom's desire to cut costs and increase productivity for sales purposes, but I can only imagine this turning into a nightmare for the poor developers and it's hard to imagine how rushing products out in half the amount of time will equate to a better end-user experience."
No HighScores says,
"Don't you love it when game publishers withhold content that's already on the disc not for DLC, but delay its availability to keep you from trading in your games during the launch window? So it goes with Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, already a shady double-dip from a company that is becoming more and more aggressively exploitative of its fanbase."