Campbell Newman and the LNP: Don't Break our Schools
Recognising that our schools are embedded in our local communities and possess unique cultures, we call on Premier Newman to immediately withdraw his proposal to amalgamate Brisbane State High School and Coorparoo Secondary College.
- Premier of Queensland
Premier Campbell Newman
- Queensland Minister for Education
Minister John Paul Langbroek
I oppose the amalgamation of Brisbane State High School (BSHS) and Coorparoo Secondary College (CSC) for the following reasons:
• The community has not been provided details of the amalgamation process;
• A larger catchment will only increase pressure on the capacity of BSHS;
• It is unfair that parents would have to transport children to multiple campuses; and
• Both schools are embedded in their respective communities and have their own unique cultures which will be diminished by amalgamation.
I ask that my opposition to this proposal be noted in your report to the Queensland Education Minister.
Today: Kevin Rudd MP is counting on you
Kevin Rudd MP needs your help with “Campbell Newman and the LNP: Don't Break our Schools”. Join Kevin Rudd MP and 205 supporters today.