Campaign against School/Cyber Bullying
- Department of Education
Secretary of Education
- President of the United States
I just signed the following petition addressed to: Department of Education.
Campaign against School/ Cyber Bullying
The statistics of students committing suicide due to bullying is growing by the day. It is about time that the school system have a more defined structure on handling the issue of bulling. No child deserves to die on account of another. . Please we need as many signatures as we can.the time to act is now.
Bullying is a problem that affects millions of students of all races and classes. 1 out of 4 kids is bullied and 43% of kids have been bullied while online. Child and teen Bullying and Cyberbullying are at an all-time high. Some kids are so tormented that suicide has become an alternative way out. It has everyone worried including the kids on its receiving end, and the parents, teachers and others who may not understand how extreme bullying can get.
• 1 out of 4 teens are Bullied.
• 9 out of 10 LGBT students experienced harassment at school and online.
• As many as 160,000 students stay home on any given day because they're afraid of being bullied.
• 1 out of 5 kids admits to being a bully, or doing some "Bullying."
• 43% fear harassment in the bathroom at school.
• A poll of teens ages 12-17 proved that they think violence increased at their schools.
• 282,000 students are physically attacked in secondary schools each month.
• More youth violence occurs on school grounds as opposed to on the way to school.
• 80% of the time, an argument with a bully will end up in a physical fight.
• 1/3 of students surveyed said they heard another student threaten to kill someone.
• 2 out of 3 say they know how to make a bomb, or know where to get the information to do it.
• Playground statistics - Every 7 minutes a child is bullied. Adult intervention -4% Peer intervention - 11%. No intervention - 85%.
Cyber Bullying Statistics
• 43% of kids have been bullied while online. 1 in 4 have had it happen more than once.
• 97% of middle schoolers are bullied while onine.
• 47% of of older youth 18-24 are cyberbullied.
• 35% of kids have been threatened online. Nearly 1 in 5 have had it happen more than once.
• 21% of kids have received mean or threatening e-mail or other messages.
• 58% of kids admit someone has said mean or hurtful things to them online. More than 4 out of 10 say it has happened more than once.
• 53% of kids admit having said something mean or hurtful to another person online. More than 1 in 3 have done it more than once.
• 58% have not told their parents or an adult about something mean or hurtful that happened to them online.
Ngozi B. l started this petition with a single signature, and now has 33 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.