Build a designated walkway and increase lighting on North Folino Drive
This petition made change with 29 supporters!
This will be presented as a proposal to the CSUF Planning, Resource, and Budget Committee after a significant amount of signatures are obtained.
We, the undersigned, in concern for the students of California State University Fullerton, petition for the construction of a sidewalk and increased lighting along Folino Drive, specifically the north portion along the Arboretum.
The specific reasons for this request includes the following:
- Currently, a direct walkway from the north end of campus does not exist.
- Students, especially those residing in CSU Fullerton housing, use Folino Drive to gain access to Yorba Linda and Lot G.
- Because there is no designated walkway, many students walk on the road to access Lot G and Yorba Linda.
- Since the population of resident students doubled this past year, there are more students using Folino Drive as a walkway.
- Since the removal of the speed bumps in the recent road reconstruction, the speed of cars driving along Folino is no longer regulated.
- Pedestrians walking on the road are at increased risk of being injured or killed by speeding cars.
- Low light means less visibility of pedestrians to cars driving on the road.
This request would benefit CSU Fullerton and its student in several ways, including but not limited to:
- A direct walkway to the residence halls and Lot E from the north end of campus.
- A direct walkway from the residence halls to Lot G and a main street, Yorba Linda.
- Pedestrians, especially CSU Fullerton students, would be kept off the road, decreasing risk of accidents.
- Increased visibility for both drivers and pedestrians.
Today: Alicia is counting on you
Alicia Perez needs your help with “California State University Fullerton: Build a designated walkway and increase lighting on North Folino Drive”. Join Alicia and 28 supporters today.