Petition Closed

Caddo Parish School Board: Delay Superintendent Selection

This petition had 280 supporters

Our children and their instructors deserve academic continuity for the 2013-2014.  The selection and hiring of a new Superintendent in the middle of the school year would be a disruption to students and schools of Caddo Parish Public Schools. 

The Caddo District PTA Board of Directors has started this petition in order to delay the upcoming Superintendent selection at the end of October.  We believe that the entire Superintendent Search process should be delayed at least until the spring of 2014.  This would give the Caddo Parish School Board time to conduct a more thorough search for viable Superintendent candidates.

Delaying the Superintendent Search will also allow the Caddo Parish School Board and the interim Superintendent focus on other current academic issues and challenges: 

  • 1) Completing the transition to Common Core and
  • 2) Developing a plan for Academically Unacceptable Schools (AUS) to submit to the Recovery School District (RSD).


By signing this petition, you will help the Caddo District PTA advocate for the students of Caddo Parish Public Schools and their best interests by delaying the Superintendent Search. 


Today: Caddo District is counting on you

Caddo District Parent Teacher Association needs your help with “Caddo Parish School Board: Delay Superintendent Selection”. Join Caddo District and 279 supporters today.