Change Buna ISD Anti-Bullying Policy
This petition had 66 supporters
Buna ISD has a very vauge policy regarding how it handles bullying situations. We would like to see a stricter policy with clearly defined expectations for disciplinary action. This policy must be clear, easy and enforced.
We want it to include:
- A clear definition of bullying.
- Procedure for reporting bullying as a witness, student, parent, administrator and principal.
- Procedure for investigating and promptly responding to reports
- Procedure for maintaining written records of all incidents and their resolution
- A detailed description of a graduated range of consequences and sanctions that will be enforced
- Procedure for immediate notification of victim's parents and the bully's parents
- A statement of rights that the policy does not preclude victims from seeking other legal remedies
My son is a current student at Buna Junior High. He was attacked by another student on 02/17/2017. The school did not notify me of the incident, discuss with my child any concerns and the student recieved no punishment. This is not the first time the administration has ignored numerous complaints regarding bullying. The current handbook is very vauge and leaves too much room for discretionary discipline.
Our children are not being provided with the proper FAPE until Buna ISD takes a measurable stand against bullying and that starts with better policies!
Today: Amber is counting on you
Amber Garcia needs your help with “Buna ISD: Change Buna ISD Anti-Bullying Policy”. Join Amber and 65 supporters today.