Don't Let the "Fruit Belt" Disappear
This petition had 101 supporters
Millions of our tax dollars have gone into the development of the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus (BNMC), and yet residents of the neighboring Fruit Belt community are not benefiting from the investment.
Worse, the BNMC's incredibly rapid growth is giving residents of the Fruit Belt some serious pains:
- Seniors can no longer find parking near their homes.
- Forces of gentrification are threatening longtime homeowners.
- Speculators loom, ready to snatch the neighborhood's property, history, and cultural heritage.
The Community First Alliance has crafted a list of demands to address the needs of the community on the following issues:
- Affordable Housing
- Job and Training Opportunities
- Parking and Traffic Relief
- Community Investment
- Historic and Cultural Investment
- Community Power and Representation
Before it's too late, tell the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus that YOU support creating a Community Benefits Agreement to preserve the Fruit Belt!
Today: Community First Alliance is counting on you
Community First Alliance needs your help with “Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus: Don't Let the "Fruit Belt" Disappear”. Join Community First Alliance and 100 supporters today.