- Jesse HamiltonState Senator
- Laurie CumboCouncil Member, 35th District of the NYC Council
- Yvette ClarkeRepresentative
- Walter MosleyState Representative
- Diana RichardsonState Representative
Brooklyn’s LGBT+ Center Seeks to Expand to a Second Site!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000.
The Brooklyn Community Pride Center provides support and services that have long been missing from our borough in general and from Crown Heights / Bedford Stuyvesant in particular. We aim to expand to the Bedford Union Armory by 2019/2020 but we need your help. Please sign our petition letter!
- State Senator
- Council Member, 35th District of the NYC Council
- State Representative
- State Representative
I am a patron/supporter of the Brooklyn Community Pride Center and would like to express my excitement and enthusiastic support for their new permanent home presence at the Bedford Union Armory.
The Brooklyn Center provides support and services that have long been missing from our borough in general and from Crown Heights / Bedford Stuyvesant in particular:
• Youth, age 12-24, benefit from a supportive, safe space where they can be themselves and talk about the experiences and issues shaping their lives.
• Elders, age 50+, helped lay the foundation of the LGBT+ community and indeed this City. They freely discuss how the unique issues of aging and being queer converge to impact them.
• Transgender and Gender Nonconforming folks: continue to be the victims of violent crimes and find a safe, community haven at the Center along with essential mental health services.
In addition, the Center offers arts and culture programming and is a hub for Brooklynites to gather in solidarity and support.
There is so much left to do to educate others and spread message of compassion and inclusiveness. The Armory will be an important part of Crown Heights and I believe the LGBT+ community of Brooklyn will only make it stronger by representing the diversity, dynamism, and vibrancy of the community.
Please show your support of our community by championing the Brooklyn Pride Center’s move to the Bedford Union Armory.
Floyd Rumohr started this petition with a single signature, and now has 830 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: Floyd is counting on you
Floyd Rumohr needs your help with “Brooklyn’s LGBT+ Center Seeks to Expand to a Second Site!”. Join Floyd and 829 supporters today.