British Government: Abolish Animal Experiments!
- Minister for Science; Department of Business, Innovation & Skills (BIS)
Rt Hon David Willetts MP
- Secretary of State; Department of Health
The Rt Hon Jeremy Hunt MP
- Minister of State for Crime Prevention; Home Office
The Rt Hon Norman Baker MP
4.11 Million animals were used in repugnant experiments in the United Kingdom during 2012. Despite public concern, the government has failed to enforce a coherent strategy outlining a path to abolishing vivisection.
Animal experimentation is an act which must be abolished in our society, the lack of political will to end the practice must be discarded and sufficient replacements exist to the cruelty performed in our nation's laboratories.
Consequently, I call on the UK Government to adopt the Anti-Vivisection Coalition (AVC)'s Charter for the Abolition of Animal Experiments.
I demand the government places an immediate ban on:
1) All psychology experiments
2) All burns, skin and eye irritancy tests
3) All experiments involving primates, dogs and cats
4) All warfare experiments
5) All household products, ingredients and foodstuffs testing
6) All experiments licensed as inducing severe suffering
I further support demands for an absolute commitment to:
1. End all toxicology experiments by 2018
2. Abolish all animal experiments by 2024
Today: Anti Vivisection Coalition (AVC) is counting on you
Anti Vivisection Coalition (AVC) needs your help with “British Government: Abolish Animal Experiments!”. Join Anti Vivisection Coalition (AVC) and 11,232 supporters today.