4.11 million animals were used in repugnant experiments in the UK during 2012. A joint report released last month by three British Government departments detailed the continued expansion of animal experimentation and lack of a coherent strategy to end the practice.
We – the undersigned – state animal experimentation is an act which must be abolished in our society, the lack of political will to end the practice must be discarded and sufficient replacements exist to the cruelty performed in our nation's laboratories.
We therefore support the Anti-Vivisection Coalition's charter demanding an immediate ban on:
1) All psychology experiments
2) All burns, skin and eye irritancy tests
3) All experiments involving primates, dogs and cats
4) All warfare experiments
5) All household products, ingredients and foodstuffs testing
6) All experiments licensed as inducing severe suffering
We further support demands for an absolute commitment to:
1. End all toxicology experiments by 2018
2. Abolish all animal experiments by 2024