Paving of Barclay Square Neighborhood, Brighton
This petition had 61 supporters
Barclay Square Drive and Embassy Drive are in the midst of a much needed resurfacing of its roads. Our expectation was for a smooth, paved surface. Unfortunately, it is our understanding that the result will be a rough, grey, pebbled surface -- different from our driveways and not in line with neighborhoods in Monroe County with similar priced homes.
We believe that considering the collective annual taxes paid by the residents of Barclay Square Drive and Embassy Drive, we are deserving of a paved neighborhood.
Drawbacks of the current resurfacing include:
- It hurts tires, and causes much more noises
- It hurts shoes (especially heels) and and does not give us a smooth surface to walk on
- It is not compatible with our driveways
- It deviates from original neighborhood road design
- It may impact neighborhood home values
- It is not dog friendly
Thank you for your consideration.
-- The residents of Barclay Square Drive and Embassy Drive
Today: Jeffrey is counting on you
Jeffrey Hirschberg needs your help with “Brighton Town Supervisor: Paving of Barclay Square, Brighton”. Join Jeffrey and 60 supporters today.