Stop showing F.R.I.E.N.D.S. series on television and online streaming services
This petition had 29 supporters
F.R.I.N.D.S. was first aired on NBC September 22, 1994. With time People grew up and humour got evolved. But now, when we take a look at this series, it's all about sexism, desperate men and women, boring dialogues, non-humorous shows and forced laugh sounds in background.
Here I am giving you reasons why you should not watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S and it should be banned now.
- Following society's rules & regulation. This is one I never liked about F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Every character follows an invisible line that is maintained by the society. Don't be a weirdo, if you do you don't have any chance to get laid. Don't be fat, nobody would like you. Women don't play poker. You don't tell men that you want to have a fling or a relationship. Why? I mean Why?
- I never understood why is SEX such a big deal? I mean yes, it about pleasure and having fun, but making characters so desperate doesn't make sense. Ross was always made fun of because he was not getting sex. Sex was their goal in life.
- Marriage. Everyone was focused on getting married. In the episode where Rachel turned 30, she was so worried that she will never find the right guy to marry. At the same time she was sleeping with her secretary, yes she dumped him on the same day but, don't you think she should be focused on the fact that she could be fired rather than on marriage. I also remember Monica's mom saying that Ben was the only chance of her becoming a grandmother. She wasn't expecting Monica to get married. Way to go, Grandmother!!
- Where was feminism? How can some not have a problem with the “You’ve slept with HOW many men?!” plot, it's a big issue. This question was asked by Richard to Monica, nobody asked Joey this question. He was always so proud about how many women he had slept with.
- The lesbian issue was taken as a joke. Having an ex-lesbian wife was a curse for Ross, every time he was punched with this line. How can he not know his wife was a lesbian? WOW!
- © For these points : Maniac
There are many points that makes F.R.I.N.D.S. series a completely non-humorous and sexist show that should be banned in current time.
We hope you support and join our campaign!
Today: Prashant is counting on you
Prashant Kumawat needs your help with “Bright/Kauffman/Crane Productions: Stop showing F.R.I.E.N.D.S. series on television and online streaming services”. Join Prashant and 28 supporters today.