#weloveMBphotographers and want them back to work.
This petition made change with 2,951 supporters!
We are writing to ask that the photography industry be allowed to reopen their businesses safely and under the guidance of the public health officials.
Throughout code red in Manitoba, photographers have been safely working within certain limited essential services such as e-commerce, sports and news reporting. The next step is to allow all photographers to reopen. In this uncertain
time, photography brings joy to Manitobans. It captures time-sensitive moments in peoples’ lives, as is the case with newborn, maternity, and wedding photography. Having professional photos of these moments is important for peoples’
mental health and well-being.
We firmly believe that all photographers can operate safely and recommend their reopening in the next phase. With no formal governing body, photographers in Manitoba have come together with the following commitments to help slow
the spread of covid-19.
Photographers in Manitoba remain committed to:
Working within the scope of the Public Health orders, and being flexible with changes as they come about; including but not limited to:
- Indoor and outdoor group sizes, mask recommendations
- Studio sanitizing according to protocols
- Consistent hand hygiene
- Cancelling/rescheduling sessions accordingly
- Gathering and keeping client information for the purpose of contact tracing should it be required
- Physical distancing. While shooting from a distance is possible in most situations, we recognize that there are times when this is not possible (ie. newborn photography). In those situations, we will ensure appropriate measures such as masks, hand hygiene, surface cleaning, in addition to the measures listed above.
- Pre- screening both themselves and their clients prior to sessions using https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/
The photography community in Manitoba recognizes the work that has been done by the Government of Manitoba to reopen the economy. They understand that a phased approach is needed to continue to slow the spread of COVID-19.
They also recognize that COVID-19 spreads through human interactions and that business must be able to operate in a way that does not put the health of the public at risk. We believe that we are able to work within the guidelines provided by public health officials and should be considered for reopening in the next phase.
Please sign our petition to help our voices be heard. We appreciate all the support.
Photographers of Manitoba
Today: Sunny is counting on you
Sunny Szpak-Holly needs your help with “Brian Pallister: #weloveMBphotographers and want them back to work.”. Join Sunny and 2,950 supporters today.