- Brenda CareyBoard of County Commissioners 1101 E. First Street Sanford, FL 32771
Brenda Carey & Seminole County Board of County Commissioners: Do Not Approve Savannah Park PUD Major Amendment, project# 12-80000099
Say NO to the proposed plan to insert 134 apartment homes between the Savannah Park neighborhood.
- Board of County Commissioners 1101 E. First Street Sanford, FL 32771
Do Not Approve Savannah Park PUD Major Amendment, project# 12-80000099.
We, the residents of Savannah Park, Tall Trees, et al, object to the plans submitted by John DiGiovanni to build a residential apartment community (project ID: 30-19-30-519-0A00-0000).
We call upon you and the board to reject the proposed plan for the following reasons:
1. This proposal was not originally presented. It was presented to be a live/work/shop area and not apartments. There is no other deed restricted neighborhood in Seminole County split by an apartment community.
2. Declining property value. Historically when apartments go up, it drives the price of homes around them, down.
3. Increase expenses to Savannah Park HOA. We will be forced to spend money on gate access and security issues. With apartments going up, it will increase the amount of people around our neighborhood and also in our neighborhood. With this increase of people living here it will also increase visitors. With the increase of visitors we WILL see an increase in crime (car break-ins etc...)
Finally, the neighbors of Savannah Park had two meetings with Mr. DiGiovanni. Concerns were about the site plan and residents suggested adjustments. At that time he agreed to make the changes to the site plan, but the site plan submitted to the county for approval does not include those agreed changes. That being said, we do not believe in John DiGiovanni's (Inland REIT) commitments, nor should you or the other members of the board.
Stephan Morin started this petition with a single signature, and now has 141 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.