Time to Take Action – #AllinforClimateAction #ClimateEmergency
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
This Petition is part of an international campaign. You find all petitions here: www.change.org/allinforclimateaction
The world's climate is at a tipping point; the actions we take today will determine our future. We are in a state of Climate Emergency; the next few years will go down in history, because we will either have saved our planet, or ruined it. We are climate and environmental activists who want to solve the climate crisis at the international level. The United Kingdom has shown the way forward by formally declaring a state of Climate Emergency, but we cannot be content with that. It is a global crisis, and it needs a global response and global action! We are fed up with excuses and boring speeches. People are on strike globally today; and, we’ll continue to make our voices heard in the run-up to the Climate and SDG Summit in New York in September, where all world leaders convene to discuss this existential threat to our planet. Declaring a state of emergency formally will not suffice. We demand real action; and we demand it now!
Sign this, if you concur with our demands:
- Implement the state of Climate Emergency as a way to educate the sleeping masses. Educate the future citizens of the world to be excellent stewards of nature, and to recognise their role in maintaining the global ecosystem and improving its health.
- Implement measures to end financing, endorsement and support of destructive energy sources. Remove fossil fuel subsidies and render it illegal for any bank, market, government or other lending institution to finance, trade or underwrite fossil projects, deforestation and climate destruction.
- Justly transition and transform the economy, including fossil fuel and climate destructive industries. Ensure that workers are at the heart of a transformation and respect the dignity of all work, paid and unpaid, for women and men.
- Allow renewable energy to flourish. Remove all impediments to renewable energy development and create financing programs to enable everyone to have access to clean, renewable power.
Implement strong public transportation systems and no-emissions transport.
- Ensure that our food systems reinforce global life support systems. Promote low-impact nourishment -- low-carbon agricultural methods, less meat, more vegetarian and vegan foods and the elimination of food waste.
- Respect the lungs of the Earth. Cut down deforestation and remove it from our production chains. Recognise the rights of Indigenous Peoples and local communities as stewards of their land. Reforest at a grand scale.
- Reimagine the role of nature in our world, countries and cities -- or of humanity’s role as part of nature.
- Drastically reduce consumption and implement strong plans for ecologically sustainable economies, including community-focused degrowth.
- Mandate circular and zero-waste economies. Implement robust adaptation plans for climate impacts, particularly for those most vulnerable.
- Engage in comprehensive planning to anticipate impacts and participate in global planning to counter these changes and adequately fund adaptation.
World leaders should no longer ignore the tens of thousands of protesters on the streets. In the run up to September, we will mobilise internationallyto get world leaders to take climate action. When leaders of the world unite in New York City in September, we will be there; to deliver the world’s most signed call-to-action! Until then, we are watching very carefully. We will not go down without a fight. We will keep rising until the governments act. When September comes, we will be there!
Please support our campaign and join us!
Sign this, if you are also #AllinforClimateAction!
Please follow us on
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!