Support Bon Secours Health System's COPN for a Hospital at Harbour View
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
On June 1, 2018, the Bon Secours Health System notified the Commonwealth of Virginia of our intent to establish a hospital on the campus of Bon Secours Harbour View.
As a health care ministry, our mission is to improve the overall health of our community. We believe that bringing inpatient care to Bon Secours Harbour View will help ensure that our ministry in Western Hampton Roads continues to be a vibrant one.
What Are We Proposing
- Bon Secours is proposing the transfer of up to 25 beds and up to four operating rooms from Bon Secours Maryview to Bon Secours Harbour View to establish a hospital.
- We remain committed to providing care to the greater Portsmouth community and will continue to operate comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services on the Bon Secours Maryview campus.
Why We Are Doing This
- For the past 19 years, as the population in Western Hampton Roads has grown, we have brought more services to the Harbour View campus.
- Our patients have requested that we build a campus at Harbour View to meet their needs for more inpatient care.
- Filing a letter of intent is the first step in the request for a Certificate of Public Need (COPN) to build the hospital.
- Our completed application will be filed on July 2, 2018. At that time, we will have recommendations from our architect firm regarding the exact location on our campus and the estimated cost.
- We anticipate learning the health commissioner's decision late this year.
We Need Your Help!
This is exciting news for Bon Secours and Western Hampton Roads and we need your support in getting our COPN approved. Please support our cause by signing this online petition.
Today: Bon Secours Health System is counting on you
Bon Secours Health System needs your help with “Bon Secours Hampton Roads: Support Bon Secours Health System's COPN for a Hospital at Harbour View”. Join Bon Secours Health System and 377 supporters today.