Stop regularization of illegal construction by Maharashtra government
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
The Maharashtra government has been repeatedly acting to regularize illegally constructed buildings across the state. (Just the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation has 66,000 such buildings, as reported in the Indian Express Oct 9, 2017 http://epaper.indianexpress.com/1387463/Indian-Express-Pune/October-09,-2017#page/17/1 .) The government has announced that it is moving forward now.
This is wrong for many reasons:
* Buildings violating norms for safety, zoning, roads, etc. endanger all citizens
* Regularization deprives municipal corporations of much-needed revenues through charges and taxes
* It creates unplanned burden on municipal corporations for providing water, electricity, garbage removal, medical services, education, etc.
* It harms the environment irreversibly due to unsafe sewage disposal, groundwater depletion, etc.
* It enables encroachment on public land on hills, biodiversity parks, river banks, etc.
* It officially rewards those breaking Indian laws, and undercuts the rule of law
* It degrades the services and quality of life of all law-abiding citizens, to whom the costs are passed indirectly
* It provides a legal channel to convert large amounts of black money to white
* It strengthens the dangerous nexus of politicians, builders, and criminals
* It is illegal and unethical, and creates bigger problems for future generations
Solution: Please stop the government immediately from carrying out regularization and from pursuing it again in the future. Please ask them to solve housing problems in legal and sustainable ways.
Photo credit: alamy.com
Today: Chaitanya is counting on you
Chaitanya Rajguru needs your help with “bombay high court: Stop regularization of illegal construction by Maharashtra government”. Join Chaitanya and 198 supporters today.