Stop pre-trial release and ROR programs in Tennessee. No more hug a thug!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
The bail bonds industry is under attack and has been for quite some time. The reason it is a problem for the average person, is that pre-trial release isn't working. Pre-trial release has a lot of money backing it and it's time to say enough is enough.
- Tax payer funded.
- Not supervised properly and no accountability.
- Higher rate of Failure to Appear.
- No co-signers to help find absconded defendant's.
- Is too much of a burden on the Sheriff's Departments to try to serve all of the Failure to Appear warrants.
- No taxes generated from private industry
- If defendant absconds, justice isn't served and no cost to the one who released them.
- Funded by the accused defendant.
- Supervised by the bail bondsman. Big risk if he doesn't keep tabs on his defendants.
- Lower rate of Failure to Appears.
- Most bonds have co-signers to assist in the defendant being re-captured.
- Majority of the Failure to Appear warrants are served by the bondsman or an agent of the company.
- Sales taxes, business taxes and income taxes paid by the bonding company.
- If the defendant absconds, the bonding company is responsible for getting him back and if they don't they have to forfeit 100% of the bonding amount.
There are numerous stories of the bad side of ROR bonds and pre-trial release on http://www.americanbailcoalition.org/ How many more must suffer due to the failed policies of ROR?
Today: Scott is counting on you
Scott Hurst needs your help with “Bill Haslam: Stop pre-trial release and ROR programs in Tennessee. No more hug a thug!”. Join Scott and 229 supporters today.