Hey MTA Hike! Why don't you take a HIKE?
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
From 1920 to 1953, the fare rose only 5 cents. As of recently the MTA fare increased again, causing fuss amongst citizens. Since 2009, this will be the sixth time the MTA fare rises. The difference between then and now is the increase is occurring back to back. Not only the NYC subways being effected but the Metro-North, Long Island Railroad, NJ transit,and tolls, as well. Instead we believe there should be a new system put into place, that will help those of marginalized communities be able to afford the only transportation available for them.
- New base fare: $3
- New fare with 16% MetroCard bonus on purchases of $6 or more 2.59
- New weekly MetroCard: 32 (up from $31)
- New monthly MetroCard: $121 (up from 116.50)
- Metro-North and Long Island Rail Road fares will rise 3.75%
- MTA bridges and tunnels, drivers using an E-ZPass tolls increase 25 cents for cars
- Driver paying with cash or tolls by mail will see of increase of 6.3 percent to 9.1 percent
- NJ transit went up 50 cents
Today: Nyack is counting on you
Nyack Students needs your help with “Bill de Blasio: Hey MTA hike! Why don't you take a HIKE?”. Join Nyack and 246 supporters today.