Save Our Bensalem Township Schools
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
BENSALEM SCHOOL BOARD IS READY TO PASS MASSIVE CUTS
THAT WILL HARM YOUR CHILD’S EDUCATION!!
Please urge the Bensalem School District School Board to stop these cuts! They are detrimental to our students.
The Bensalem School District Board of Directors along with District Administrators, the Superintendent and the Assistant to the Superintendent presented a Public Q and a session last Wednesday evening, May 31, 2017 at Bensalem High School. What was presented will profoundly affect YOUR child’s education and his/her
elementary school. The following cuts were proposed for all elementary schools in
1. ELIMINATING THREE Dean of Students positions in the largest elementary schools: Belmont, Faust, and Valley.
2. ELIMINATING FOUR Elementary Teaching positions even as enrollment
3. ELIMINATING and/or altering SEVEN Special Area positions. This is specifically directed towards the Music and Art departments in your child’s elementary school.
Three Art Teachers and three and a half Music Teachers will be ELIMINATED.
The repercussions of this massive drop will be that the remaining three Elementary Art Teachers along with the remaining three Elementary Music Teachers will have to then teach one third of the total elementary public school population in Bensalem
which is approximately 3,300 students. Thus creating a teaching load of 1,100
students for each Art and Music teacher.**
4. ELIMINATING ONE ESL Staff position depending on how many students are enrolled in this program.
5. Combining FIVE AND A HALF Reading Specialist/IIS positions, thus taking away from the effectiveness of each of those positions. These positions, Reading Specialist and IIS, were previously individual and separate positions.
**Winter and Spring Concerts along with District Art Shows, Senior Citizen Art Shows, etc., will not be possible if these cuts take place.
The effect of having only 21 elementary music classes and no choral concert programs per year will begin to deteriorate the programs in middle and high school. If this schedule continues, the Bensalem choral program will vanish.
Parents and guardians, if you do not agree with these proposed cuts, please voice your opinions and your concerns NOW! A phone call or e-mail directed to the Bensalem Township School District School Board members, District Administrators, or
Superintendent Dr. Samuel Lee would make an incredible difference. THEY WANT YOUR INPUT!! To access any School Board Member or Bensalem Administrator,
PLEASE VISIT THE BENSALEM SCHOOL DISTRICT HOME PAGE.
Voting for these cuts will occur on Wednesday, June 14, 2017.
So please voice your opinions now and come to the meeting!
Today: Crystal is counting on you
Crystal Colacicco needs your help with “Bensalem Township School Board: Save Our Bensalem Township Schools”. Join Crystal and 788 supporters today.