Repeal and Replace the ACA ("Obamacare")
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
Please consider signing this petition to support the swift repeal and replacement of the ACA (“Obamacare”)
Ever since the ACA was passed in 2009 behind closed doors and without bipartisan support, millions of Americans have suffered from the disastrous effects of the law, which include:
- Losing access to their physicians, despite the claim that “If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep it.” This was rated as Politifact’s Lie of the Year in 2013. After passage of the law, as many as 4 million Americans lost their healthcare coverage. (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/dec/12/lie-year-if-you-like-your-health-care-plan-keep-it/
- Premiums have increased by 22% on average for the “silver plan.” In Arizona, premiums increased 116%. (http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/24/news/economy/obamacare-premiums/
- Five states will only have one insurance company offering plans through the healthcare exchanges. Nine states will only have two insurance companies offering plans. (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/single-provider-5-states-will-have-only-1-obamacare-insurance
Now is the time to provide hard-working Americans with relief from the ACA. The replacement bill should include provisions such as:
- Allowing the sale of insurance across state lines
- Expanding tax-exempt health savings accounts which can be used for medical expenses
- Eliminating the individual mandate, which fines individuals who cannot afford to purchase health insurance
- Defunding Planned Parenthood.
You can go here to sign the petition: (https://www.change.org/p/ben-long-repeal-and-replace-the-aca-obamacare?recruiter=692261315&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=share_email_responsive
I will deliver the petition to Dr. Tom Price, the current Secretary of Health & Human Services and Michigan Medical School alumnus.
Today: Ben is counting on you
Ben Long needs your help with “Ben Long: Repeal and Replace the ACA ("Obamacare")”. Join Ben and 2,167 supporters today.