Ban Billboards at Bengaluru, Reclaim Our Sky
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
Hoardings and Billboards:
- are ugly & ruin the aesthetics and visuals of Bengaluru's greenery & skyline
- are a traffic hazard, can cause accidents and are a distraction to safe driving
- are unscientifically chosen , randomly placed and pedestrian unfriendly
- are expensive eyesores or structures having no purpose
- trees are often cut to improve billboard visibility - irrevocable damage to our green cover
- are poorly maintained and can pose danger
- leave options for bribery and corruption as officials can collude in grant of the permissions
- Bengaluru's outdoor advertising is LOSING money, and requires a lot of administration and supervision to manage and maintain. So why do we still have this millstone?
- in this digital age, hoardings and billboards are old-fashioned, irrelevant and passe
- environmentally unfriendly, require energy for lighting etc
- globally cities, have banned phased out these city eyesores as part of good urban planning.. Smart , green cities like us don't need it. In India, Chennai, Mumbai , Ahmedabad have already done so.
Useful Links :
Today: Priya is counting on you
Priya Chetty needs your help with “BBMP: Ban Billboards at Bengaluru, Reclaim Our Sky”. Join Priya and 1,076 supporters today.