More Information Surfaces on "The Underwater Menace" DVD
Sep 18, 2015 — The latest issue of the BBC's official Doctor Who Magazine hit shelves yesterday, containing an article confirming the upcoming release of "The Underwater Menace" DVD along with further details on the expected content.
Full details on the release can be found in the magazine itself, but we've provided a quick breakdown of information on the DVD's content below:
- Fully restored episodes 2 & 3
- Telesnap reconstructions of episodes 1 & 4
- Interview Commentary for Episode 1, featuring Toby Hadoke interviewing Michael Troughton, son of the late Patrick Troughton
- Cast & Crew Commentary for episodes 2 & 3, moderated by Toby Hadoke and featuring Frazer Hines (Jamie), Anneke Wills (Polly), Catherine Howe (Ara), sound technician Brian Hodgson and floor manager Quentin Mann
- Interview Commentary for Episode 4, featuring excerpts of archival interviews with 2nd Doctor actor Patrick Troughton as well as directors Hugh David and Julia Smith
- Production Information Subtitles for episodes 2 & 3
- "Fishy Tales", a documentary looking at the making of "The Underwater Menace"
- "The Television Centre of the Universe: Part 2", the concluding part of the documentary about BBC Television Centre which began on "The Visitation: Special Edition" DVD. Featuring 5th Doctor actor Peter Davison with former companions Mark Strickson and Janet Fielding
- Photo Gallery
The DVD will see release on 26th October 2015, priced £13.99, and is available to pre-order from the official BBC Shop as well as other retailers.
We'll continue to update you all on any further information which surfaces in the lead-up to the DVD's release!
Keep fighting for people power!
Politicians and rich CEOs shouldn't make all the decisions. Today we ask you to help keep Change.org free and independent. Our job as a public benefit company is to help petitions like this one fight back and get heard. If everyone who saw this chipped in monthly we'd secure Change.org's future today. Help us hold the powerful to account. Can you spare a minute to become a member today?I'll power Change with $5 monthly