Oppose the raised median crossing design that was proposed by the Batavia Bicycle Commission and the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) at the intersection of IL Rt. 31 and Houston St.
This petition made change with 329 supporters!
We need your voice to let the Batavia City Council know you oppose the design of the raised median at the intersection of IL Route 31 and Houston St. Ask them to Vote to keep the existing current configuration.
• The proposed design will prohibit northbound traffic from entering Batavia Avenue Mobil at largest entrance and exiting at the same location, thus potentially reducing 20-25% of traffic and business from access. This will have a detrimental effect on the business and the 15 employees and their families who are employed here.
• This raised median will provide a false sense of security for pedestrian and bicycle crossing.
• This raised median will restrict traffic flow and create more problems at a location that is typically used to turn left, avoid congestion and used by emergency vehicles, which will be eliminated.
• This raised median does not align with the upcoming Houston Street improvement project and the new sidewalk.
• There are better alternatives and options for crossing Batavia Avenue that do not have the negative impact that this raised median will have. Crossings exist 1 block north at McKee St which will have flashing signals and 1 block to the south at Wilson which has full traffic control.
Please sign our petition and tell the Batavia City Council to oppose the installation of the raised median.
Today: Stan is counting on you
Stan Oke needs your help with “Batavia City Council, Citizens of Batavia, IL: Oppose the raised median crossing design that was proposed by the Batavia Bicycle Commission and the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) at the intersection of IL Rt. 31 and Houston St.”. Join Stan and 328 supporters today.