Ban plastic water bottles at Kingston University
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
- Sign the petition to ban plastic water bottles from all Kingston University campuses, improving and increasing water supply for all students.
- It is estimated that an average of 35.8 million plastic bottles are used EVERY DAY in the UK, but only 19.8 million are recycled each day. As it takes 500 years for plastic to decompose this is extremely detrimental for the environment and especially to our Oceans and their inhabitants.
- We all know the hugely detrimental effects of plastic water bottles on the environment and subsequently to our health. More than ever before we feel the need for clean water on the go. We are lucky enough to have one of the cleanest fresh water sources but we are not actively using it. At the moment Kingston University is lacking in widespread access to water fountains and students are relying on buying bottled water.
- Universities should be at the forefront of change for the better. Let’s make the critical steps by banning water bottles and increasing the number of water fountains. By implementing these positive changes, we can have a meaningful effect.
- Please sign this petition if you think that this issue should be addressed by Kingston University in order to change the current policy.
Today: N is counting on you
N A needs your help with “Ban plastic water bottles at Kingston University”. Join N and 297 supporters today.