SUPPORT AKELA SCHOOL BALTIMORE CHARTER SCHOOL PETITION
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Akela School Baltimore is a proposed charter school to Baltimore City Public Schools to provide high school students an opportunity to earn a 2 year Associates degree during their 4 years of high school.
The national impact of Early College High Schools are as follows:
- 92% of early college students graduate high school, (1) versus national rate of 69%. (2)
- 86% of graduates enroll in college next semester after high school graduation (3)
- 91% of early college graduates earn transferable college credit (4)
Akela School Baltimore students would be dual enrolled students. Dual enrollment is when a high school student also takes college courses.
- In 2014-2015, the Maryland state average dual enrollment was 29%.
- In 2014-2015, Baltimore City dual enrollment was less than 10%.
- 89% of Maryland Dually Enrolled 12th graders entered college one year after high school compared to 64% non-dually enrolled 12th graders.
- 80% of Baltimore City Dually Enrolled 12th graders entered college one year after high school compared to 42% non-dually enrolled 12th graders.
TAKE ACTION NOW AND SIGN OUR PETITION!
Please sign our petition if you believe Baltimore City students deserve an opportunity to attend an innovative high school which prepares them for workforce development and further post-secondary education.
Today: Akela Baltimore is counting on you
Akela Baltimore needs your help with “Baltimore City Public Schools: SUPPORT AKELA SCHOOL BALTIMORE CHARTER SCHOOL PETITION”. Join Akela Baltimore and 212 supporters today.