Allow pupils to wear own clothes during exams & dismiss the "booking" system for resources
This petition had 13 supporters
Balerno High school has recently implemented a new system covering the SQA exam period. Recent changes include school uniform being compulsory for pupils during exams and whilst studying in school. Also, pupils will have to "book" appointments with teachers for any queries or help, and would also be required to "book" sessions with school resources, such as the LRC and computers.
Some of the issues with these proposed arrangements include:
• Pupils are not as comfortable in their uniform as they are in their own clothes. Pupils should be as comfortable as possible during exams, given the stress and pressure in incurs.
• Being uncomfortable can cause distraction in exams.
• Having to book appointments in the LRC to revise is an extra barrier for pupils who do not have computer and internet access at home.
• pupils should be able to freely seek advice and help from teachers quickly and efficiently as possible, without the extra inconvenience of booking an appointment.
• furthering the previous point, pupils will not be able to plan in advance for when they will require such help from teachers.
• pupils may revise better in the LRC as it promotes an educational environment; some home environments may not be suitable for revision (e.g. Presence of younger siblings etc.)
•people prefer to be in the LRC at their own convenience - doing it when you want is less stressful.
Today: Balerno high school is counting on you
Balerno high school Pupils needs your help with “Balerno high school pupils: Allow pupils to wear own clothes during exams & dismiss the "booking" system for resources”. Join Balerno high school and 12 supporters today.