Awareness for Sickle Cell Anemia
This petition had 53 supporters
It is important that people are aware of the affects that sickle cell anemia can have.
About Sickle Cell:
- Causes abnormally shaped red blood cells, shaped like crescents or "sickles".
- In the United Staes approximately 100,000 people have this disease at any given time.
- Unfortunately when both parents have the genetic trait that causes sickle cells, there is a 1:4 chance that the child will develop the disease.
Living with Sickle Cell:
- The shape of the cell causes anemia, organ damage, and makes transportation of oxygen to organs much harder.
- It is still possible to live a relatively normal life with healthy nutrition and the appropriate medication.
How can you help?
- March of Dimes. April 22nd. 9am- 12pm. Drive of Champions( Texas Tech Campus)
Find Out More Info At:
Today: Lenore is counting on you
Lenore Hernandez needs your help with “Awareness for Sickle Cell Anemia”. Join Lenore and 52 supporters today.