Abolish 2 week split system air conditioner installation courses and more! Read on!
This petition had 3,113 supporters
Refrigeration mechanics currently carry out a 4 year apprenticeship in their trade which entitles them to work in all facets of the industry. We complete these apprenticeships in good-will expecting that the Australian Refrigeration Council will protect our trade but this is not happening.
We as a trade are sick and tired of people that have completed a two week split system installation course coming in and undercutting by carrying out inferior workmanship that is not up to the trade standard. The courses that are being run are an insult to the many thousands of people that have spent the time to be properly trained in their respective trades.
- Abolish the 2 week split system air conditioner installation courses.
- Abolish the "Quickie" Cert III trade qualification which is being completed in as little as 5 to 7 weeks part time.
- Implement National Licensing For Technically Competent RAC Tradespeople, Eliminate "Cowboys" In The Industry. We demand NATIONAL LICENSING for trade qualified!
- STOP FUNDING FOR CERT II & START FUNDING CERT III TRADE QUALIFIED TO UP-SKILL IN ALL REFRIGERANTS!
- Since the commencement of Arctick in 2005, dodgy qualifications have been rampant. We demand Investigations into all Cert II courses and the RPL processes applied for Cert III trade qualifications since 2005.
- Recall ALL dodgy qualifications since 2005.
- WE DEMAND THE DISBANDING OF THE AUSTRALIAN REFRIGERATION COUNCIL & THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE NATIONAL INDUSTRY BOARD PRIME MINISTER MALCOLM TURNBULL PROMISED IN 2005 AS MINISTER FOR ENVIRONMENT!
- We must have "WHOLE" of industry representation on a national industry board that is ethical and transparent.
The time has come to make a stand!
Please support us to lobby the Australian Refrigeration Council, Government & ASQA to stop these courses, implement national licensing, fund up-skilling for the RAC tradespeople, disband the Australian Refrigeration Council & establish a national industry board.
Today: M is counting on you
M M needs your help with “Australian Refrigeration council: Ban the 2 week split system air conditioner installation courses.”. Join M and 3,112 supporters today.