Petition Closed

Family violence

This petition had 120 supporters

The department of human services state on their website " we support people affected by family and domestic violence by providing information, resources and referrals". With the "support " the department of human services provides are numbers to family violence organisations which will listen to you, support you on the phone and can really do nothing besides support you, this is all well and good but it does not help you be protected. No matter how much protection you are given , if the father of your child is on the birth certificate they have equal responsibility to you even if they have not seen their children in years. We are at a huge loss in this country where police do not assist or take domestic violence seriously and the family courts think that a women is lying to take the children away from their fathers. Action needs to take place, too many abusers are getting away and damaging children's lives we need an act to protect mothers and children from domestic violence and family violence. I propose we place an order when domestic and family violence has occurred the father loses parental responsibility and must apply for this with proof of stability and a clear mental state. How is allowing unstable abusers around children safe? 

Today: S is counting on you

S C needs your help with “Australian government : Family violence”. Join S and 119 supporters today.