SOUTH ARM RESIDENTS: GET YOUR MAIL DELIVERED DIRECTLY TO YOU!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Australia Post conducted a POLL many years ago asking local residents if they wanted a MAIL DELIVERY SERVICE TO THEIR HOME.
- Result: To stay the same
- ie.collect yourself
- While some think it's "cute" or "sweet" to have to walk or drive to the local shop/PO outlet to collect, I believe this is an antiquated system for the 21st century! We need signatures to present to Australia Post before they will conduct another survey.
- There are surely folk who are of an age where it would be preferable to have mail delivered for various reasons. Also some residents may have illnesses or health problems which prevent them from being able to collect. This is also adding another burden for busy families; some may not arrive home from work until the Shop/PO outlet is closed. The shop itself is not obliged to hand out mail at weekends as the PO section is officially closed.
- The two nearest neighboring suburbs, O'Possum Bay and Sandford both have home delivered mail.
- For residents who are not permanent my idea would be for them to make alternative arrangements. The Community's permanent resident status has grown considerably since the last plebiscite was run. Also, many long term residents have told me that they didn't even receive this!
- Australia Post's reasons for not changing the current situation were that not enough people returned their paperwork positively for the change. 25% of residents need to sign to have a new poll conducted. That may mean we only need 50 to 60.
If you would PREFER our community's mail to be delivered I urge you to please sign this petition so as another survey poll can be organised by Australia Post.
HAVE YOUR SAY. WE MATTER. WE ARE LIVING IN 2018 ... NOT 1950 !
Today: Julia is counting on you
Julia Hendy-Cartwright needs your help with “Australia Post: SOUTH ARM RESIDENTS: GET YOUR MAIL DELIVERED DIRECTLY TO YOU!”. Join Julia and 89 supporters today.