Provide Menstrual Products in Texas Community College Bathrooms
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Assure Accessibility to Free Menstrual Products in Bathrooms on Campus
Depending on the situation, being
caught off-guard is an impetus for
inconvenience. Of US women ages
18-54 years that have ever been out
in public and unexpectedly started
their period, a national study
commissioned by Free The Tampons
- 86% start their period unexpectedly in public without the supplies they need.
- 79% improvised by "MacGyvering a tampon or pad out of toilet paper or something else."
- 62% went to a store immediately to buy supplies
- 53% asked another woman for supplies
- 48% obtained her supplies a tampon/pad dispenser in a public restroom. ONLY 8% say in their experience tampon, and sanitary napkin dispensers in public restrooms work all the time.
- 34% went home immediately to get feminine supplies.
Help fight bathroom inequality. By providing free tampons in school, we are empowering students with essential bathroom tools they need. This is not a woman issue; it is an equality issue.
* Data gathered by http://www.freethetampons.org/ *
Today: Austin Community College Student Government is counting on you
Austin Community College Student Government needs your help with “Austin Community College Student Government Association: Provide Accessible Menstrual Products in Texas Community College Bathrooms”. Join Austin Community College Student Government and 95 supporters today.