New Inquest for Anthony

0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!

At 2,500 signatures, this petition is more likely to get picked up by local news!

My beloved son, Anthony Lloyd Roswell died in February 1986 age 18 years old. At the time we were told he died of a drug overdose of prescribed medication. I'll never forget the morning I went into his room to speak to him and discovered he had died in his sleep. Other school boys they had bullied him. Stress and lack of sleep they wrongfully diagnosed as schizophrenic and drugged accordingly. They document the medical notes with his experiences of the negative impact the drugs were having on him physically and psychologically they recorded known drugs allergies, Largactil and Penicillin, and had suffered dyskinesia and contraindication, overactive, over-talkative, restlessness, confused and cannot eat or sleep.

In 1986 I lost the battle to save my son's life; his wiry frame could no longer withstand the effects of the neuroleptic to his system. An inquest into his unexpected death concluded that  Anthony died of an overdose of 50-60 Disipal tablets.  The conclusion as to the cause of death OPEN.  The pathological report states Orphenadrine, the proprietary name being Disipal. The blood level of this drug was 9 milligram per millilitre. The therapeutic level which one might expect are in the order of nil to maximum of 0.8 milligrams. This was ten (10) times the normal therapeutic dose. They recorded the medical cause for death as Orphenadrine poisoning. Test for other drugs were entirely negative.

How was it possible that test for other drugs were entirely negative? They gave Anthony a 25 milligram Fluphenazine concentrate injection at five times the recommended therapeutic dose only nine days before his death. The initial recommended dose 0.5 milligram. At the time they prescribed and administered 25 milligram to Anthony six weekly, for eighteen months. The last five months was with-out the muscle relaxant Disipal, to relieve the Fluphenazine side effects. One of Fluphenazine's most severe adverse effects is an interruption to the normal function of the heart. This leads to uncontrolled contractions of the heart muscle and an overall reduced blood flow through-out the body. As a slow-release drug, it would absolutely still have been in his system, not to mention the amount that would have built up over the last eighteen months.

This also contradicted the toxicology findings prepared on behalf of the post-mortem, which states Orphenadrine contents: blood level.009 milligram per millilitre, the urine negative and the liver zero (0) neither toxic nor fatal. If the Pathology report were the true reading, it would justify a conclusion of Orphenadrine poisoning as the cause of death-but it is also one thousand times the levels noted in the recorded toxicology report.

In 1998 my application for a new inquest the Attorney General replied, The High Court may quash a verdict under section 13 of the Coroner's Act of 1988 it has to be satisfied, on the basis of the evidence before it, that by fraud, rejection of evidence, irregularity of proceedings, insufficiency of inquiry, the discovery of new facts of evidence it is necessary or desirable in the interest of justice that another inquest should be held. 

 In 2017 I apply to the Attorney again, the relevant documentation forwarded, November 2018 they rejected my application.                                                              

 My application for a new inquest into Anthony's death is based on a combination of factors that hadn't been taken into consideration at the first inquest. First, the unconventional procedure the coroner at the time used to conduct the inquest. The discrepances between the pathological and toxicological investigation, Rejection of evidence, the most notable omission was the notes from the General Practitioner who declared Anthony's time of death, overseen his treatment for 18 months prior to his death, including the administration of his last Fluphenazine injection. I can see no legitimate reason doctors' reports would have been omitted from the inquest. It would be nearly impossible to get a complete, truthful picture of what had happened during Anthony's last months without reading those reports. 

Anthony was a charming and resilient lad, eagerly wanted to rid himself of the neuroleptic drugs to progress in life. This isn't just about my son Anthony; it's about the way they prescribed, regulated and monitored drugs, about patient and medical practitioner awareness, about the physical and psychological effects. It's difficult to obtain data on the number of patients whose life has perished unnecessarily.  The authorities are failing to act within the written law.                                                                                                 

Please sign to call for a new inquest to let Anthony RIP.