Petition Closed

Help me protect my son

This petition had 2,634 supporters

As of September 2017, I am recently divorced from my son's Vietnamese mother and I have custody of our 4-year old son.  Prior to the divorce, my son and I were abandoned in September 2015 when his mother decided (sent messages pertaining to this) that it was too much responsibility for her to care for our son.  Prior to this, she stayed at home and supposedly cared for our son until I discovered neglect and abuse at the hands of his mother and her family in rural Vietnam.  Many times, I offered to allow him to go to daycare and we would share the cost - she refused. During the time we were together and after she left, she sent me messages demanding money and threatening to kill me or sell our son if I didn't comply.  I did not succumb to her demands, but did protect my son.

In 2015, when I submitted the threatening messages to the US Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, I was advised 1. there is nothing that can be done to protect either me or my son.  2. NEVER allow my son to be alone with his mother or her family.  Today, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, I once again discussed the situation with the US Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.  I was given the same information as before.  Basically, it sounds like nothing will be done to help my son until he is either abused or trafficked and then I can only report to the local Vietnamese police who literally do nothing.

My son does have a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) which makes him a US Citizen, however, he does not yet have a US passport as his mother refuses to provide her signature on the forms needed to get him a US passport - this is (according to international child abductions laws) to prevent international child abduction.  I am not against this law, but it makes legitimate cases like ours very difficult to protect my son.

Although the divorce is final, my ex-Vietnamese wife has requested an appeal of the child custody decision.  I fear for my son's life, psychological and physical well-being, and potential for a bright and rewarding future if his mother is awarded custody of our son.

Please, sign my petition to ask the Honorable Attorney General, Jeff Sessions to act on behalf of my son and his protection rights to grant my son a US passport without the signature or permission of his mother and allow me to travel with my son alone to the US legally. And further to intervene in the appellate courts of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam to quash the appeal of my son's mother to obtain custody of our son.

Today: Tim is counting on you

Tim Glennon needs your help with “Attorney General Jeff Sessions: Help me protect my son”. Join Tim and 2,633 supporters today.