Atlantic County NJ 14 Day Quarantine Travel Restrictions
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
WHEREAS, the spread of the novel coronavirus known as COVID-19 is a pandemic, affecting countries around the world, including the United States and the State of New Jersey;
WHEREAS, COVID-19 is a particularly virulent virus and easily transmitted having caused 73,917 deaths worldwide, 10,714 deaths in the United States and 967 deaths in New Jersey;
WHEREAS, COVID-19 is transmitted by personal contact between humans and by human contact with certain objects contaminated by a person carrying the virus;
WHEREAS, Donald J. Trump, President of the United States, has declared a national emergency and a major disaster declaration for New Jersey;
WHEREAS, Governor Phil Murphy has declared a State of Emergency in New Jersey invoking state law that allows broad powers in a public health crisis;
WHEREAS, Atlantic County is located 100 miles south of an epicenter of Covid-19 outbreak New York and 60 miles southeast of the hard-hit Philadelphia metropolitan area;
WHEREAS, patients with serious emergency medical conditions, including patients with COVID-19 requiring hospitalization have overwhelmed facilities around the globe;
WHEREAS, the county has a limited supply of medical equipment, personal protective equipment, and medicine to treat potential COVID-19 cases;
WHEREAS, In consideration of the above factors, it is prudent and advisable to take steps on a countywide level, to protect the residents of Atlantic County and to undertake measures to further minimize the risks of COVID-19 transmission;
THEREFORE, we the concerned residents & homeowners of Atlantic County respectfully request Atlantic County Government according to County Law Chapter 4-58B take all necessary and reasonable steps to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission to and among the residents of the County, including but not limited to the following:
1. Establish a fourteen day quarantine travel restriction limiting travel to the county except for "essential purposes," as defined below;
2. People who do not reside, own homes or have business in the county may not travel to the county except for "essential purposes";
3. Contractors & Employees who do not live in the county may only travel in the county for "essential purposes";
4. Travel for “essential purposes” shall mean to receive or provide medical care, to provide direct caregiving to people who reside in the county; to resupply bulk food items, fuel, and other products required for human consumption, habitation, and well being; to conduct law enforcement activities, to fulfill Atlantic County, State, or Federal obligations and to perform duties related to those obligations; and travel for other similar purposes associated with lifesaving, firefighting, and other activities related to the emergency care of persons or property. Also, any other purposes deemed essential by Governor Murphy.
5. “Essential travel” shall also include travel outside the county for the purpose of obtaining groceries and other essential items;
6. “Essential travel” shall also include delivery of building supplies and materials needed for county residents to perform their jobs.
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!