Say No to Dalmarnock St Development that causes 43,940 cars per year
This petition had 216 supporters
- A development application (A004722183) has been submitted for a new child care centre with 110 spaces and 19 residential units on Dalmarnock Street, Enoggera which is a residential street. The blocks were originally zoned for 2 character houses and a small multi story development.
- The traffic report submitted by the developer estimates that an extra 169 cars a day will be on local roads near Wardell St, Pickering St, Hurdcotte St, Millen and Dalmarnock St. *Which Equates to 43,940 cars per year.
- The volume of traffic is linked to the large volume of proposed childcare spaces and demand being driven from 7 other suburbs.
- Enoggera already has 6 long day childcare centres which all but one have vacancies. 4 childcare centres are located within 800m of the proposed site with vacancies. Our calculations show that these existing centres already cater for the demand for more than 5 years.
- The developer has submitted a needs assessment report that tries to justifies demand by including children from 7 other suburbs. Arana Hills, Keperra, Mitchelton, Stafford, Grange, Alderley and Everton Park. The report also ignores other Development Applications in the area approx 270 extra spaces and childcare centres who are just outside the statistical area which underestimates supply by approx. 138 spaces.
- Only 64 childcare spaces are needed in the next 5 years. Therefore no local need.
To the Assessment Manager,
I therefore as a petitioner object and request that council reject this development application A004722183 on 18 Dalmarnock street based on;
- there being no local demand, and
- traffic being generated from 7 suburbs to justify demand
Today: Paul is counting on you
Paul Aldred needs your help with “Assessment Manager - Brisbane City Council: Say no to Dalmarnock Street unneeded development application”. Join Paul and 215 supporters today.